When your HP printer shows the error "Problem with Ink System" on the control panel. Then you won't be able to print documents from your printer. So, avail of the solutions here to fix the HP printer 8600 problem with ink system.
Solution-1] Examine Ink Cartridges for any Leaks
Note: It's recommended not to use leaking ink cartridges. In addition, HP does not guarantee non-HP cartridges or refill cartridges.
- Firstly open the ink cartridge access door.
- You are suggested to wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Extract an ink cartridge and then check it for leaks if any.
- If you found it leaking then you need to replace it with a new genuine HP cartridge. Else you need to place it in its slot as it were.
- Continue the same process for the other three cartridges.
- Now close the ink cartridge access door.
- If the problem with the ink system remains there then follow the next solution.
Solution-2] Reset Your Printer
Resetting your HP printer might resolve this problem message.
- Make sure the printer is turned ON.
- Now you need to disconnect the power cord from the rear end of the printer.
- Next, you need to unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Now, wait for at least 90 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power source and the printer.
- If the error message persists then you need to follow the last solution below.
Solution-3] Reseat the printhead up to three times
To fix a problem with ink system error message you need to reseat the printhead up to 3 times.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear end of the printer.
- Raise the carriage latch, lightly uplift the printhead, lower the printhead back into the carriage.
- Now wiggle the printhead left and right, and then lower the carriage latch to lock the printhead into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Next, reconnect the power cable to the rear side of the printer and check the control panel for the error message.
- Repeat the steps 2 more times.
Solution-4] Replace the Printhead
If the above solutions are unable to resolve the HP printer problem with ink system. Then you are suggested to replace the printhead. So, order a new printhead.
Next, you need to install the printhead assembly with the help of manuals or an online video tutorial. If the problem persists then your printer needs service.
connect hp officejet pro 8620 to wifi
hp envy 4520 attention required
hp printer wireless setup windows 10